Statement of Non-Discrimination
Delaware First Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Delaware First Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Delaware First Health:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact:
Delaware First Health: 1-877-236-1341 (TTY: 711)
If you believe that Delaware First Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Delaware First Health
Appeals & Grievances
PO Box 10353
Van Nuys, CA 90410-0353
Toll Free Number: 1-877-236-1341
You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, Delaware First Health is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civial Rights Complaint Portal Assistant or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at HHS.gov Office for Civil Rights website.